The Apple iPhone 6S Plus has improved speed everywhere (new processor, faster wireless, quicker Touch ID sensor); a sturdier body; better front and rear cameras; a bold new 3D Touch pressure-sensitive display that could end up being a really useful tool in apps down the road, and which already offers new iOS shortcuts.
Innovation isn’t always obvious to the eye, but look a little closer at iPhone 6 Plus and you’ll find it’s been fundamentally improved. The enclosure is made from a new alloy of 7000 Series aluminum — the same grade used in the aerospace industry. The cover glass is the strongest, most durable glass used in any smartphone.
The Power of iOS 9 Upgradable to iOS 12.2
iOS 9 is the most advanced, intelligent, and secure mobile operating system in the world. Powerful new built-in apps, advanced features in Siri, and enhancements throughout the system make it smarter and more essential than ever. Deep integration with Apple hardware makes everything work together beautifully. And the App Store is full of incredible apps that have been tailored to take advantage of what iPhone is capable of.
The moment you use iPhone 6s Plus, you know you’ve never felt anything like it. With a single press, 3D Touch lets you do more than ever before. Live Photos bring your memories to life in a powerfully vivid way. And that’s just the beginning. Take a deeper look at iPhone 6s, and you’ll find innovation on every level.
Capture your moments with the 12Mp Camera
The world’s most popular camera is more advanced than ever. The 12-megapixel iSight camera captures sharp, detailed photos. It takes brilliant 4K video, up to four times the resolution of 1080p HD video. iPhone 6 Plus also takes selfies worthy of a self-portrait with the new 5-megapixel FaceTime HD camera. And it introduces Live Photos, a new way to relive your favorite memories. It captures the moments just before and after your picture and sets it in motion with just the press of a finger.
A9, Advanced Smartphone Chip
iPhone 6s Plus is powered by the custom-designed 64-bit A9 chip. It delivers performance once found only in desktop computers. You’ll experience up to 70 percent faster CPU performance, and up to 90 percent faster GPU performance for all your favorite graphics-intensive games and apps.
- Type: LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.5 inches (~67.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
- Protection: Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
- 3D Touch display
- Display Zoom
- OS: iOS 9, upgradable to iOS 9.0.2
- Chipset: Apple A9
- CPU: Dual-core 1.84 GHz
- GPU: PowerVR GT7600 (six-core graphics)
- Internal: 128GB, 2 GB RAM
- Primary: 12 MP, 4032 x 3024 pixels, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, check quality
- Features: Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps,1080p@120fps, 720p@240fps, optical stabilization, check quality
- Secondary: 5 MP, 1080p@30fps, 720p@240fps, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Alert types: Vibration, proprietary ringtones
- 3.5mm jack
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: (Apple Pay only)
- USB: v2.0, reversible connector
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Messaging: iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- Browser: HTML5 (Safari)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- iCloud cloud service
- iCloud Keychain
- Document editor
- Photo/video editor
- Non-removable Li-Po 2750 mAh battery (10.45 Wh)
- Stand-by: Up to 384 h (3G)
- Talk time: Up to 24 h (3G)
- Music play: Up to 80 h